Curing Doctor Vincent (The Good Doctor Trilogy #1) by Renea Mason

curing-doctor-vincent

Amazon Description: Elaine Watkins, Public Relations Advisor, is surprised when she receives a summons from the very attractive and enigmatic Dr. Xavier Vincent. She worships the talented physician and company icon responsible for developing the cure that saved her sister’s life and isn’t immune to his charm. Even though puzzled by his request, she is excited and eager to get started on his latest project.

But Dr. Vincent has other ideas. Instead of discussing cures, drugs and marketing strategies, he asks Elaine to join him in Paris to indulge his unique sexual appetites.

Torn between gratitude for saving her sister, her attraction for the powerful man and compromising her pre-conceived notions of sexuality, she must decide if it’s easier to feed his desires or walk away. Until she devises a plan of her own.

“Make no mistake, Elaine, I am a king. Kings command and conquer. They are brutal and uncompromising. You don’t want a king. Face it, you came here expecting a saint.” – Dr. Xavier


Curing Doctor Vincent is the first book in the Good Doctor Trilogy by author Renea Mason. It’s close to the anniversary of the day that her serial killer father is supposed to reveal where another of his victims is located. Elaine is ambushed at a company dinner and she ends up walking away. Dr Xavier Vincent follows her to make sure she’s alright.

Little does she realize that Dr. Vincent wants to have her in a different way. He ends up purchasing her a plane ticket to Paris which goes through her company as a “business” trip. Only, it’s anything but business. He proposes a deal to her and then leaves her to go to sleep. She is ambushed the next night with meeting two other people who are part of the deal.

What is the deal that Xavier has? Can she go through with it? Can she just walk away?


Honestly, I think the relationship between Elaine and Xavier is all kinds of screwed up for 99% of the book.  I understand why it is the way it is but it kinda makes you wonder if the author has had some sort of experience with it or if she just has a really good imagination! I didn’t really have a favorite character from this book as none of them really spoke to me and jumped from the pages. Sure they each had personality and everything but none really captured my attention.

I was disappointed when the book ended at the 68% mark. What fills the other 32% you question? Pages thanking the reader, information about the author, information about other books and then the first two chapters of two different books. Honestly, I could have done without the two books and their chapters included and had the story been longer.

Overall, 3/5 stars for this book.


The book is currently FREE on Amazon. If you want to get it and read it, please do. Come back and tell me what you think of it!

208 pages

Purchased: 12/14/16

Started: 12/15/16

Finished: 12/17/16

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: